skip to main
skip to sidebar
Outgoing Postal Art
10 May 2016
Sent to Weissfeder, Winterthur, Switzerland
Thread Ends - one of three sent to Weissfeder for a call on fibre
Sent to Bruno Chairlone, Cairo Mont, Italy
Photo montage for Bruno who is sending me Art-I-Stamps
Sent out to a select few...
Keys superimposed on photo
6 January 2016
Sent to Studio J, Victoria, BC, Canada
This is not a political statement, it is a comment on Canadian winters, it gets cold. For the ongoing call for self portraits.
Sent to Carlos Botana, Coruna, Spain
My comments on the painting "Las Meninas" have been overwritten with a stylus.
19 August 2015
Sent to 6 Mail Artists in 6 different countries...
One of 6 different matchboxes containing matchbooks mailed internationally in hopes of receiving 6 in return. I want to include them in Art-I-Stamp #2 to give it a bit of added dimension.
12 June 2015
Sent to Tomoe Nakamura, Osaka, Japan
Tomoe has a call out for Matchboxes but I sent her something a little different.
5 May 2015
Sent to M J Cartledgehayes, Inman, SC, USA
I sent materials to Mary Jo and she sent materials to me that I used to make her a book.
Sent to Angela Behrendt, Hannover, Germany
Angela requested changes to a copy of Ray Johnson's portrait and I used it to cover a box form.
Sent to the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada
For A Celebration of Mail Art with a tribute to Anna Banana.
11 April 2015
Sent to Juan Carlos Caballero Cifuentes, Paraguay
3 Trash Fashion postcards sent for a call on Fashion
Sent to Waitpinga, Australia
This was just going to be a matchbox trade. It got out-of-hand on Facebook and ended up as a reversible hand-puppet.
Sent to Sevane Morel, Brussels, Belgium
Servane has a call out for Explorers. I decided to to do Franklin and Frobisher looking for the Northwest Passage.
Sent to Hameenlinna, Finland
I made Jean Sibelius Box for the 150th anniversary of the birth of Sibelius.
Sent to Studio J, Victoria, BC. Canada
For the ongoing Mailmania Portrait call.
21 March 2015
Time for a little catch-up on Mail Art...
Sent to ColoriMii, Chaam, The Netherlands
A joint venture from Janet Lee and myself for a call on The Tower of Babel.
Sent to Jonathan Stangroom and Jennifer Weigel
A bit of coinage play for J and J.
Sent to Kazunori Murakami, Nishiwaki, Japan
Diakon just for Kaz.
Adamandia Kapsalis, Chicago, IL, USA
It's a new world Dr A.
174. Sent to D C Spaulding, Lomita, CA, USA
Good luck on laundry day D C.
17 December 2014
173. Sent to Alexander Limarev, Novosibirsk, Russia
Graham Greene, one of my favourite authors, is the theme of this call. Alexander wants spy stories.
172. Sent to Sparkle Brown, Victor Harbor, Australia
call and send something to "Sparkle Plenty." Let's twist again like we did last summer...
27 September 2014
171. Sent to Moan Lisa, Des Moins, IA, USA
Portrait of the Artist as Andy Warhol.
170. Sent to CocinArte, Buenos Aires, Argentina
A photo collage of a souvenir tea towel from Spain. The recipe is for octopus.
169. Sent to D C Spaulding, Lomita, CA, USA
Photo collage selfie for D C as requested.
168. Roland Halbritter, Nuedlingen, Germany
I sent Roland a 3-D house for Malerwinekelhaus and he mailed me back some stamps.
167. Sent to Ivana Rezek, Zagreb, Croatia
Ivana wanted the colour blue and she wanted sheep so I cut a blue sheep out of a sheet of blue paint "skin".
166. Sent to Adamandia Kapsalis. Chicago, IL, USA
Fishes just for Dr A. Plastic advertising images scanned and printed.
165. Sent to Mi Barco, Tu Barco, Argentina
Photos taken during a ferry ride over the beautiful Salish Sea.
164. Sent to Studio J, Victoria, BC, Canada
A rainbow tribute to gay marriage
163. A series, "Continental Drift"
Feeling Mail Art deprived and still Mappish of Mind I whipped off 6 altered maps keeping no records of where they went...
9 July 2014
162. "Hokusai Now" Japan
Mail art wanted on the theme of Hokusai's iconic wave.
161. Sent to Alexandre Gomes Vilas Boas, Brazil
Alexandre has a call out for blackbirds.
16 April 2014
160. Sent to Angela Behrendt, Hanover, Germany
Found objects from spring cleaning make up an applique on paper for Angela.
159. Sent to Alexander Limarev, Novosibirsk, Russia
Alexander has a call out for postcards on Shakespeare.
158. Sent to Azzociazone Culturale, Rovere, Italy
Wanted: your comments about books.
157. Sent to Rachel Elwell, Salford, England
Rachel wanted instructions. At the time I was torturing myself folding hexaflexagons.
7 February 2014
156. Sent to Mail Art Biennale, Oslo, Norway
Digital collage for Norway.
155. Sent to Collage Art, Lviv, Ukraine
Collages only please.
154. Sent to Moan Lisa, Des Moines, IA, USA
My Fake Andy Warhol selfie for his call.
I had Anna Banana make me some stamps
31 October 2013
153. Sent to my parents
Happy 70th Wedding Anniversary
152. Sent to Piers Greenaway, Levin, New Zealand
Bothered by Earworms? Tell Piers all about it.
151. Sent to E, Guivry, France
The Ambassador of Utopia wants your tribute to Ryosuke Cohen.
150. Sent to Dame's Portrait Palace, Victoria, BC, Canada
Mr Dame has a standing call for self portraits. Send him your pic.
149. Sent to Eberhard Janke, Berlin, Germany
An irreverent play-on-words on a call for Ray Johnson.
21 June 2013
148. Sent to Andreas Kuntner, Salzburg, Austria
Cut and paste photos with filters for Andrea's call for Deer.
20 June 2013
147. Sent to Matthew Rose, c/o Converge Gallery, Williamsport, Pennsylvania, USA
Matthew wants love letters to hand out. I printed this on paper that I then folded up to become the inside of its own envelope.
146. Sent to Rosa Gravino, Canada de Gomez, Argentina
Rosa wanted visual poetry. I made this collage on frustration.
145. Sent to Angela Behrendt, Hannover, Germany
I have always wanted an original Angela Embroidery so I made a transfer from my lint roller that I sewed on paper and mailed to her. And I got an embroidery of a lint roller back.
To View Lorraine's Recycled Assembages click here
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
View my complete profile